Asabikeshiinh- the dreamcatcher

coming from the Native American Ojibwa culture, the dream catcher is a woven net that replicates a spider's net. 
It is used to protect the person sleeping under it.
It is said, a spider's web "catches and holds whatever comes in contact with it".

With the gift of a barrel hoop and her knowledge, my wonderful friend Catherine helped me to make my own

 we cleaned and oiled the hoop

we wove the net in


distributing a first variety of beads already

and decorated it with feathers, beads with the size of teardrops, buttons, coloured snail shellsand many more things


ribbons, simple, crocheted, decorated with paillettes and in various colours

while checking the treasures of my studio, I found a heart of wire we joined.

We left a lot of space for all the little treasures that will come to me in the future,


because the dreamcatcher may also include sacred items like my wishbones.

copyright: Nele Braas
Mine will stay above my hamac and catch the sun and the wind

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts